Cause Effect Reasoning Questions for Bank Po
Cause Effect Reasoning Questions for Bank Po/SBI PO exam preparation.
Directions(1-4): Study the following information and statements given below it carefully and answer the questions which follow: (IBPS PO/MT CWE-IV 2014)
Advertisements play an important role in the sell of a product. Advertisements help consumer to decide which product he/she should buy . In the absence of advertisements consumer has very little choices to buy the products of his/her needs.
- Advertisements highlight only the bright side of the product. They do not reveal the weak features of the product.
- Most of the people wish that companies should stop issuing advertisements as these attract people and they start using the glamorous articles.
- The increased frequency of advertisements attracts more different classes of people to buy the products.
- The products which are heavily advertised attract a large number of people and they start buying the products. For example, a large number of people buy potato chips.
- Consumers lose faith in the advertisement when they do not find the products unto mark.
Q1. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), and (E) mentioned above represents an effect of the given information most appropriately?
1. Only A 2. Only B 3. Only C
4. Only C and D 5. Only D and E
Q2. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), and (E) mentioned above would weaken/contradict the facts presented in the paragraph?
1. Only A and B 2. Only B and C 3. Only C and D
4. Only D 5. Only E
Q3. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), and (E) mentioned above represents a cause for issuing advertisements?
- Only A 2. Only C and D 3. Only B
- Only B and E 4. Only A and E
Cause Effect Reasoning Questions for Bank Po
Q4. Which of the statements numbered (A), (B), (C), (D), and (E) mentioned above highlights the limitation of an advertisement?
1. Only D 2. Only E 3. Only A
4. Only B and E 5. Only C and E
Directions(5-9): Below in each question are given two statements (A) and (B). These statements may be either independent causes or may be effects of independent causes or a common cause. One of these statements may be the effect of the other statement. Read both the statements and decide which of the following answer choices correctly depicts the relationship between these two statements. (SBI PO 2014)
Mark answer(1) if statement (A) is the cause and statement (B) is its effect.
Mark answer(2) if statement (B) is the cause and statement (A) is its effect.
Mark answer(3) if both the statements (A) and (B) are independent causes.
Mark answer(4) if both the statements (A) and (B) are effects of independent causes.
Mark answer(5) if both the statements(A) and (B) are effects of some common cause
Q5. (A) Municipal corporation of a city has started providing meals at the school to support the education of a slum children. it also started providing books free of cost to the children so that it could help them to study and monetary issue do not hamper their education.
(B) In order to help slum children in their study the prices of books have been reduced by 40% . The prices of uniform have also been reduced by 50%.
Q6. (A) A legal notice was issued by the high court in the city A. According to this notice the slum area in the city A should not be removed. The legal notice supports the slum area in city A. The slum area should be provided with better facilities.
(B) Builders of the city A have increased the rate of residential area in the city by 40% The residential flats have become more costly than earlier.
Q7. (A)A Hospital has lost the case against its patient. The patient has charged that by eating food from hospital he has got down by the food poisoning.
(B) Hospital management has become strict in bringing food from outside the hospital premise. The food made in the canteen will only be served inside the hospital premise.
Q8 (A)The temperature of the city was lowest during the week. The city recorded low temperature of the decade. The city was also engulfed in fog.
(B) There was unusual delay in the flights from the city and so passengers were stranded at the airport. The passengers faced many problems at the airport.
Q9 (A) The roads of city A get flooded with vehicles during the evening hour and major parts of city face the problem of traffic jam.
(B) The level of air pollution has been increased in the city A these days.
Q10. Effect- The temple at the religious site wears a deserted look with the number of devotees trickling down.
which of the following can be a possible cause of the above effect?
- A structural engineer had visited the temple a month back and had declared the structure unsafe.
- The temple is facing a drastic depletion of its funds which had accumulated over the years due to offerings made by devotees
- The local Corporation decided to denote a huge amount of money to the temple for its renovation.
- The village housing the religious site has qualified priests to perform religious ceremonies.
- A famous actor recently visited the temple and paid his respects to the deity.
(IBPS SO CWE 2013)
Q11. Effect: As a step to regulate private hospitals,the State Health Department is framing rules to ensure all such hospitals are registered with it. which of the following can be a possible cause of the above statement?
- The department released the private hospitals charge much less for treatment as compared to government hospitals.
- Government run hospitals do not maintain the same standards as private hospitals.
- The department released that several hospitals were rejecting cases is stating lack of infrastructure.
- Apart from the number of doctors, nurses and beds, the kind of procedures a hospital can carry out based on its infrastructure will also be registered and detailed.
- Private hospitals nor registering with the department shall be forced to do so and will have to pay hefty penalties (IBPS SO CWE 2013)
Q12. Statement: The income tax authorities carried out rate at 3 different business houses in the City last week.
which of the following can be a possibility of the above statement?
- The three business houses are regular defaulters in payment of their income tax.
- Income tax department had received the tip of about illegal activities going on in the three business houses.
- The government decided to look into the matter and has appointed an inquiry committee.
- Other business houses took immediate action to clear of all their income tax dues in order to avoid a raid on their establishments
- The authorities intend to conduct raids in several other business houses in the vicinity. (IBPS SO CWE 2013)
Q13. Statement: The college has finally received accreditation and has gained the status of a deemed university.
which of the following can be a possible effect of the above statement?
- The principal of the college well now have to be a retired government official.
- Number of students seeking admission to this college in the next academic year would drop significantly.
- The college will charge lesser fees from all students despite not getting a grant from the government.
- The college will reduce the number of courses that it runs by significant margin.
- The reputation of college among-st the student population in general has improved.
Q14. Statement: According to the survey innumerable diseases and unhealthy habits from the recent pandemic to cancer, AIDS and obesity have plagued the mankind.
Which of the following may be the most plausible cause of the situation given in the above statements?
- The lifestyle and food habits of people are responsible for this State.
- Environmental degradation has led to the present situation.
- The people remain ignorant above their health.
- Technological advancement and fast pace of life are contributing to the spread of diseases.
- none of these (IBPS PO/MT CWE-III 2013)
1. 4 2. 5 3. 2 4. 3 5. 5 6. 2 7. 1
8. 1 9. 1 10. 1 11. 3 12. 4 13. 5 14. 1