English Cloze Test 2 targeting IBPS Exams
Let us observe some important questions from English Cloze Test 2 targeting IBPS Exams
Cloze Test – 2
Q- In the following passage there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each, five words are suggested, one of which fits blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
The MGNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) scheme has successfully completed 10 years. Considered one of the biggest social welfare programmes in the world, this programme aims at (1) 100 days of work in rural areas. In the last 10 years, the programme has lifted lakhs of people out of poverty, though many (2) still exist in it.
It was in February 2006, that Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) was for the first time notified on an experimental basis in 200 odd districts across the country. The event marked a watershed in the right-based (3) (4) of the country and for the first time provided a legal guarantee for wage employment.
The Act, guaranteed a minimum 100 days of employment out of the 365 days in a year to every willing household, within 15 days of making such a (5). This is the only law in the country that is not budget (6) and is not supply driven.
The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) is not only a (7) livelihood security programme but also a great example of (8) disclosure of information through its Management Information System (MIS).
It is the first transaction-based real-time system for any public works programme in the country that is available in the public domain.
There has been a digitisation of all the processes in MGNREGA — right from a worker registering demand for work, to work (9), to finally getting wages for completed works.
Another notable feature of the MIS is the availability of information through online reports at various levels of (10). This has enabled any citizen to monitor the implementation of the programme and has consequently charted a new paradigm of transparency since the enactment of the Right to Information (RTI) Act.Individual worker details from around 2.5 lakh gram panchayats are available in the MGNREGA MIS.
- 1) Causing 2) generating 3) initiate 4) kindle 5) originate
- 1) closure 2) continuity 3) lacunas 4) void 5) depression
- 1) disable 2) disempower 3) authorize 4) entitlement 5) privilege
- 1) framework 2) armature 3) cadre 4) outline 5) contour
- 1) Ultimate 2) Requisition 3) calling 4) takeover 5) command
- 1) Constrained 2) stiff 3) uneasy 4) relaxed 5) comfort
- 1) secondary 2) pioneering 3) following 4) lead 5) inaugural
- 1) Inactive 2) abeyant 3) retroactive 4) proactive 5) vacant
- 1) allotment 2) awarding 3) grant 4) earmarking 5) assignment
- 1) conjoin 2) degrade 3) disaggregation 4) attach 5) amalgamate