The IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 exam will be conducted on 2nd/3rd/9th/10th December 2017 in different shifts each day. The paper overall was of easy to moderate level. Today is day 4 of the prelims exam and it will be conducted on four different shifts.The first shift is over now. Like the previous days, it was observed that the english section was tougher than the other sections today as well .
This analysis will help all of you who had appeared for the exam as well as those who are preparing for the exam by giving you a detailed indepth knowledge about the questions that were asked, marks distribution, good attempts and weightage given to each chapter of every section.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 Exam pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Good attempts|
The IBPS Clerk preliminary exam was conducted online and had 100 questions for a cumulative time of 60 minutes. Candidates have to deal with three sections
1. Reasoning Ability (35 Qs)
2. Quantitative Aptitude (35 Qs)
3. English Language (30 Qs)
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- English Language(Moderate-Difficult)
1. Reading Comprehension – 5 Qs(Moderate)
Only 5 questions were asked in the Reading Comprehension as like in the previous shifts.
2. Idioms and phrases– 7 Qs(Moderate-Difficult)
New pattern question was asked on idioms and phrases.Candidates has to find the correct idiom for the word which is mentioned in bold in the question.
3. Double Fillers – 10 Qs(Moderate)
4. Sentence Rearrangement – 8 Qs(Moderate-Difficult)
New pattern sentence rearrangement questions were asked. Parts of a sentence were to be rearranged to make a meaningful sentence.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- Reasoning Ability (Easy-Moderate)
1. Puzzles and Seating Arrangement -15 Qs (Moderate)
- Linear arrangement question (Single line, facing north)
- Linear arrangement question (Double line, North-South)
2. Syllogism – 3 Qs (Easy)
3. Inequalities– 2 Qs (Easy)
4. Alphanumeric series – 5 Qs (Easy)
5. Number series – 5 Qs (Easy)
6. Direction sense – 2 Qs (Easy)
7. Coding Decoding– 3 Qs(Easy)
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- Quantitative Aptitude
1. Data Interpretation– 5 Qs (Moderate)
2. Simplification – 13 Qs (Easy- Moderate)
3. Number Series (Missing)– 5 Qs (Easy- Moderate)
4. Miscellaneous– 10 Qs(Easy- Moderate)
Questions were asked from average, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Discount, Problem on Ages,Ratio and Proportion,Time and Work,Boat and Stream, etc