The much anticipated IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 exam will be conducted on 2nd/3rd/9th/10th December 2017 in four shifts each day. The paper overall on dec 3rd in all shifts was of easy to moderate level. It was observed that the quant section was comparatively easier than the other sections .
This analysis will give you a detailed indepth knowledge about the questions that were asked, marks distribution, good attempts and weightage given to each chapter of every section.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 Exam pattern
|Section||No. of Qs||Total Marks||Shift 1
(9 AM to 10 AM)
(11:30 AM to 12:30 PM)
(2 PM to 3 PM)
(4:30 PM to 5:30 PM)
|Level||Good attempt||Level||Good attempt||Level||Good attempt||Level||Good attempt|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||Easy||25-30||Easy||26-31||Easy – Moderate||24-29||Easy||26-31|
|English Language||30||30||Moderate – Difficult||15-20||Moderate – Difficult||15-18||Moderate – Difficult||14-18||Moderate – Difficult||15-19|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||Easy – Moderate||20-25||Easy||21-25||Easy||22-26||Easy||23-27|
|Total||100||100||Easy – Moderate||75-80||Easy – Moderate||74-81||Easy – Moderate||76-80||Easy – Moderate||77-83|
The IBPS Clerk preliminary exam was conducted online and had 100 questions for a cumulative time of 60 minutes. Candidates have to deal with three sections
1. Reasoning Ability (35 Qs)
2. Quantitative Aptitude (35 Qs)
3. English Language (30 Qs)
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- English Language(Moderate)
1. Reading Comprehension – 5 Qs (Moderate)
It was based on a story.Surprisingly,there was no question related to the vocabulary from the passage in all the shift.
2. Error Detection– 8-10 Qs(Moderate)
Error detection was totally of new pattern in all shifts. A part of the sentence was given in bold which was grammatically correct and you have to find out where error is present in the rest part of the sentence.
3. Single Filler – 5-10 Qs(Moderate)
Single filler question was asked in a new way. A single blank was given in each sentence and candidate had two such a pair of words that would both be appropriate individually for the single blank.
4. Phrase Replacement – 5-10 Qs(Moderate)
5. Sentence Improvement– 5 Qs(Moderate)
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- Reasoning Ability (Easy-Moderate)
1. Puzzles and Seating Arrangement -10-15 Qs (Moderate)
- Linear Seating arrangement
- Floor based puzzle
- Circular seating arrangement
2. Syllogism – 3 Qs (Easy)
3. Inequalities– 3 Qs (Easy)
4. Alphanumeric series – 5 Qs (Easy)
5. Number series – 5 Qs (Easy)
6. Blood Relation– 3 Qs(Easy)
7. Order and Ranking – 3 Qs(Easy)
8. Miscellaneous– 3-4 Qs(Easy)
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- Quantitative Aptitude
1. Data Interpretation– 5 Qs (Easy- Moderate)
Only 1 set of DI was asked in each slot.
2. Simplification – 10-15 Qs (Easy)
3. Number Series– 5 Qs (Easy- Moderate)
4. Miscellaneous- 10-15 Qs (Easy- Moderate)
Arithmetic (Word problems) questions were asked from average, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Discount, Problem on Ages,Ratio and Proportion,Time and Work,Boat and Stream, etc