Practice Question and answer for Data Interpretation
Directions (1-5) Study the table carefully and answer the question given below
Above Data shows Percentage of Population working in different sectors in a city and Percentage of Women of total population indulged in same industry. 10% of total population who works in transport also works in medical. Solve following questions. If total Population is 50000.
1. What is ratio of Men working in BPO to Women working in Mining industry.
a. 22/37 b. 11/89 c. 63/37 d. 89/11 e. None of these
2. How many men needs to join BPO industry So that ratio of Men and women working in BPO becomes 1:1
a.8400 b. 5600 c.9360 d. 7600 e. None of these
3. What is average of working women per industry.
a.7200 b. 6200.54 c. 4500 d. 7347.5 e. None of these
4. Considering output ratio of Mining industry same from above ratio of Men and women, Department wanted to make total ratio of Men and women 1:1. How many women needs to be employed more.
a. 1560 b. 2410 c.1250 d. 2015 e. None of these
5. What percentage of men needs to be increased of total number of current men to make number equivalent to women.
a. 12.13% b. 18.23% c. 16.8.75% d. 25.43 e. None of these
Directions (6-10) Study the following pie chart carefully and answer the questions given below.
Total income of the family is 7,20,000
Sector angle is given according to the money spent by a family in a year.
6. The expenditure on housing is what percent of education.
a. 66.6% b. 50% c. 33.3% d. 60% e. none of these
7. The expenditure on others is
a. 1,60,000 b. 2,40,000 c. 80,000 d. 1,00,000 e. none of these
8. The difference between the sum of housing and education and the sum of others and transport is
a. 30,000 b. 20,000 c. 40,000 d. 50000 e. none of these
9. What amount (in percentage) of savings should be spent on others so that the ratio of others and the education is 1:1
a. 30% b. 20% c. 50% d. 25% e. none of these
10. The total expenditures on education is equal to the sum of expenditures on
- Entertain and others 2. Housing and transport
3. Housing and others 4. Entertain and housing
5. None of these
Direction (11-15): Study the following pie-chart carefully and answer the questions given below.
Percentage of people in a city working in night shifts from various industries
Total number of people = 40250
Percentage of females from various industries working in night shifts
11. What is the respective ratio of men to the women working in night shifts from the Call Center industry?
a. 9 : 11 b. 7 : 5 c. 8 :13 d. 11 : 7 e. None of these
12.What is the approximate average number of females working in night shifts from all the industries together?
a. 2227 b. 4481 c. 3326 d. 2823 e. 4107
13..What is the total number of men working in night shifts from all the industries together?
a. 28297 b. 25788 c. 28678 d. 26887 e. None of these
14.The number of women from the Gaming industry are what percent of the total number of people working in the night shifts from all the industries together?
a. 5.6 b. 3.6 c. 3.2 d. 4.4 e. None of these
15.What is the difference between the total number of men and the total number of women working in night shifts from all the industries together?
a. 13254 b. 13542 c. 13524 c. 13363 e. None of these
Directions (16 – 20) Read the table carefully and answer the following question
Percentage of marks obtained by six students in different subjects
16. What is the average marks obtained by all students in Geography?
a. 41.5 b. 42.5 c. 38.5 d. 39.5 e. None of these
17. Marks obtained by E in Economics is approximately what percent of the total marks obtained by him in all subjects together?
a. 12% b. 8% c. 10% d. 22% e. 17%
18. What is the overall percentage of marks obtained by all the students in English?
a. 83% b. 69% c. 71% d. 81% e. None of these
19. What is the total marks obtained by D in History, Mathematics, Science and English together?
a. 256.25 b. 275.55 c. 235.75 d. 253.75 e. None of these