Practice Questions On Time and Work
1 ) X and Y can do a piece of work in 12 days. Y and Z in 15 days and Z and X in 20 days .If X Y and Z work together they will complete the work in.
(a) 5 days (b) 5 ⅚ days (c) 10 days (d) 15⅔ days
2 ) 20 person can do a job in 50 days how many persons are required to do the same job in 40 days.
(a) 30 (b) 20 (C) 25 (d) 45 days
3 ) X and Y can do a piece of work in 16 days if X can do the same work in 24 days in how many days we alone can finish the work?
- 48 (b) 36 © 23 (d)54
4 ) A and B together can complete a work in 8 days B alone can complete the work in 12 days how many days A will take to do the same work?
- 25 (b) 21 © 24 (d)30
5 ) X, Y and Z can do a piece of work in 8,10 and 12 days respectively .in how many days can they, working together to finish the same job?
- 120/35 (b)120/39 (c)120/44 (d)120/37
6.) A ,B and C can do a work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively in how many days they will complete the whole work while working together?
(a)9 (b)11 (c)12 (d)10
7) A and B can do a piece of work in 72 days B and C can do it in 120 days and C and A can do it in 90 days in how many days . In how many days all three together can do the work?
(a) 60 days (b)45 days (c)54 days (d)78 days
8) A and B can do a piece of work in 20 days , B and C in 30 days and C and A in 10 days C alone can do the work in how many days?
(a)52 days (b)26 days (c)48 days (d)24 days
9 ) X can do ¼ of a piece of work in 5 days , Y can do ¾ of the same work in 9 days and C can do ⅔ of that work in 8 days in how many days can three of them together complete the work?
(a) 60/13 days (b) 50/13 days (c) 60/11 days (d) 50/11 days
10) A can do a piece of work 20 days and B in 40 days they started to do the work together but after 10 days A leaves off Remaining work is completed by B alone. How long B will be take to finish the remaining work?
(a) 12 days (b) 11 days (c) 10 days (d) 9 days
11) Working efficiency of A and B for completing a piece of work in the ratio 3: to 4 the number of days to be taken by them to complete the work will be in the ratio ?
(a) 4:3 (b)3:4 (c) 2:3 (d)3:5
12) 5 men can do a piece of work in 6 days while 10 women can do it in 5 days. in how many days can 5 women and 3 men do it?
(a) 6 days (b)7 days (c) 5 days (d)9 days
13) If 10 men and 20 boys can make 260 toys in 20 days then how many toys will be made by 8 men and 4 boys in 20 days?
(a) 360 days (b)260 days (c) 280 days (d) 380 days
14) If 16 men or 20 boys can do a piece of work in 25 days? In what time will 8 men and 15 boys do it?
(a) 25 (b) 21 (c) 20 (d)30
15).6 men or 12 women can do a piece of work in 20 days .In how many days can 8 men and 16 women do twice as big as this work?
- 16 days (b) 17 days (c)1 5 days (d) 13 days
16). Ram works twice as fast as Shyam ,if both of them working together can complete a work in 12 days. Ram alone can complete it in how many days?
(a) 15 days (b) 18 days (c) 21 days (d)19 days
17) Raj and vashu are working on an assignment. Raj takes 6 hrs to type 32 pages on a computer, while vashu takes 5 hrs to type 40 pages. How much time will they take, working together on two different computers to type an assignment of 110 pages?
(a)8 hr 15 min (b)8 hr 25 min (c) 7 hr 15 min (d) 7 hr 20 min
18) Swati can do a piece of work in 20 days. Tanvi is 25% more efficient than Swati. The number of days taken by Tanvi to do the same piece of work is?
(a) 17 days (b) 16 days (c) 15 days (d)13 days
19) A is 30% more efficient than B. How much time will they, working together, take to complete a job which A alone could have done in 23 days?
(a)13 days (b) 17 days (c)22 days (d)11 days
20) P and Q can do a piece of work in 30 days while Q and R can do the same work in 24 days and R and P in 20 days. they all work together for 10 days how long will it take to finish the remaining work?
(a)16 days (b)17 days (c)16 days (d)18 days
21) P is twice as good as Q. if both are working together they will take 14 days. in how many days P alone can complete the work?
(a)23 days (b)21 days (c)25 days (d)26 days
22) 1 Men,3 women and 4 boys can do a piece of work in 96 hours,2 men and 8 boys can do it in 80 hours. 2 men and 3 women can do it in 120 hour, 5 men and 12 boys can do it in ?
(a) 42 7/11 (b) 43 7/11 (c) 44 5/11 (d)45 7/11
23) 4 men and 6 boys can do a certain piece of work in 8 days.3 men and 7 boys can do the same work in 10 days .How many days will 10 boys take to complete the same work?
(a) 39 days (b) 42 days (c)43 days (d)40 days
24) A can do a work in 20 days. A and B together do the same work in 15 days if they are paid Rs.400 for that work ,What is the share of each?
(a)300,100 (b)200,200 (c) 150,250 (d) 230,170
25) P ,Q and R can do a work in 8,12 and 20 days respectively .They finish the work together and earn Rs. 620 What is the share of each?
(a)300,100,220 (b)300,200,120 (c) 400,100,120 (d)200,340,80
26) A can do a work in 6 days. A and B together do the same work in 4 day.s if their paid rupees 1500 for the work .How should the money be divided between them?
(a)800,700 (b)600,900 (c)1200,300 (d)1000,500
27) A ,B and C together earn Rs.375 in 5 days. A and B together earn Rs 450 in 10 days. A and C earn rupees 200 in 4 days. Find daily earning of each?
(a)20,25,35 (b)30,35,40 (c) 20, 25,30 (d)20,15,25
28) A certain number of boys can complete a job in 30 days. if there are 5 boys more it could be completed in 10 days less. how many boys were in the beginning ?
(a) 10 (b)11 (c)13 (d)14
29) A particular job can be completed by a team of 10 men in 12 days The same job can be completed by a team of 10 women in 6 days. How many days are needed to complete the job .if the two teams work together?
(a)3 days (b) 6 days (c) 4 days (d)7 days
30) A can do a piece of work in 14 days which B can do in 21 days. They begin together but 3 days before the completion of the work. A leaves off. The total number of days to complete the work is?
(a)9 days (b )8 days (c)7 days (d) 10 day
31)Sunil can do a piece of work in 2 days while Sourav can do it in 3 days. They work together for a day and rest of the work is done by Sachin in 1 day. If they get 1800 rupees for the whole work then find the wage of Sachin.
(a) 300rs (b)520rs (c)290rs (d)320rs
32) One man or Two women or 3 boys can do a piece of work in 88 days. one man ,one woman one boy will do it in how many days?
(a) 45 days (b)46days (c)47 days (d) 48 days
33) P does half as much work as R in three- fourth of the time taken by R. if together they take 18 days to complete the work .how much time shall R take to do it alone?
(a) 30days (b)29 days (c)35 days (d)33 days
34) P and Q working separately can do a piece of work in 9 and 12 days respectively if they work for a day alternatively with P beginning the work would be completed in how many days?
(a)41/4 days (b) 43/3days (c) 45/3 days d)47/3days
35) X can do a piece of work in 5 days less than the time taken by Y to do it. if both of them together take 100/9 days the time taken by Y alone to do the same work in days is ?
(a) 10 (b)20 ( c)25 (d)30
36) Gopal can do a work in 9 days and shyam in 15 days. If both work together to complete the work, in what ratio should the total earning be shared ?
(a)4:3 (b)5:3 (c)7:5 (d)6:7
37) P, Q and R contracts to do a work for Rs. 4200. P can do the work in 6 days , Q in 10 days and R in 12 days .If they work together to do the work ,What is the share of each?
(a)2000,1200,1000 (b) 3000,400,800 (c) 1600,800,2000 (d)900,1700,600
38)P,Q and R can make a house for Rs. 1110. P can do the work in 12 days, Q in 15 days and R in 18 days . What does R get?
(a) 400 (b)500 (c)300 (d)600
39)P,Q and R undertake to complete a work for Rs. 1440.P alone can complete in 8 days,Q in 12 days and R in 16 days .they complete the work with the help of S in three days. What does S get?
(a) 260 (b) 360 (c)270 (d)250
40)Tow pipes P and Q can fill a tank in 20 minutes and 30 minutes respectively. If both pipes are opened together the time taken to fill the blank is:
(a)50 minutes (b) 12 minutes (c)25 minutes (d) 15 minutes
41)One pipe can fill a tank three times as fast as another pipe. If together the two pipes can fill the tank in 36 minutes, the slower pipes alone will be able to fill the tank in.
(a)81 minutes (b) 108 minutes (c)144 minutes (d)192 minutes
42)To pipes can fill a tank with water in 15 and 12 hours respectively and a third pipe can empty in 4 hours. If the pipe be opened in order at 8,9 and 11 a.m. respectively, the will be emptied at ?
(a)11 : 40 a.m. (b) 12 : 40 a.m. (c) 1 : 40 a.m. (d) 2 : 40 a.m.
43)A boy and girl together fill a cistern with water. The boy pours 4 liters of water every 3 minutes and the girl pours 3 liter of water of every 4 minutes. How much time it will take to fill 100 Liters of water in the cistern?
(a)36 minutes (b) 42 minutes (c) 48 minutes (d) 44 minutes
44)Three pipes P, Q and R can fill a cistern in 6 hours. After working at it together for 2 hours, R is closed and P and Q fill it in 7 hours more. The time taken by R alone to fill the cistern is:
(a)14 hours (b) 15 hours (c) 16 hours (d) 17 hours
45)A pipe can empty a tank in 40 minutes. A second pipe with diameter twice as much as that of first is also attached with the tank to empty it. The two pipe together can empty the tank in :
(a) 8 minutes (b) 13 ⅓ minutes (c) 30 minutes (d) 38 minutes
46) A cylindrical cistern of diameter 25 cm is full of water. if 11 liters of water is drawn off, the water level in the cistern will drop by ?(π = 22/7)
(a)21/2 cm (b)90/7 cm © 90/5 cm (d)102/5 cm
47) Pipe A can fill the tank in 6 hours and pipe B can fill the same tank in 8 hours they are working alternatively with A .In how much time the tank will fill completely .
(a)41 hours (b)42 hours (c)43 hours (d)46 hours
48) There are 8 pipes in a cistern out of them some are inlets and some are outlets each inlet takes 12 hours and each outlet take 36 hours .If all are open simultaneously then cistern will fill completely in 3 hours . Find the number of inlets?
(a) 7 (b) 5 (c)3 (d)4
49) A and B two pipes can fill a tank in 10 and 15 hours respectively. There is a pipes C which empty the tank in 20 hours .In beginning A and B pipes are open. A person notice that when the tank must be fill that pipe C also open with A and B now he turned off pipe C .Find time taken to complete the tank fully.
(a)39/5 hours (b) 23 hours (c) 36/7 hours (d)21 hours
50) A pipe can fill the cistern in 6 hour and the tank fill half then three more similar taps are open then find the time to fill the tank completely?
(a)13/4 (b) 19/4 (c) 17/4 (d) 15/4