Quantitative Aptitude: Practice Questions on Profit & Loss for Competitive Exams(SSC, IBPS, SBI PO)
- An article was sold at Rs. 6000 at a loss of 40%. What will be the selling price of the article for a profit of 32%.?
- By selling 18 identical articles, a shopkeeper gains equal to S.P. of 6 articles. What is %loss or %profit ?
- Three brands of tea costing Rs. 350, Rs. 400 and Rs. 620 per kg are mixed in the ratio 2:3:5 by weight. If 2/5 of the mixture is sold at 500 per kg, 3/10 at 600 per kg and remaining at 800 per kg. Find the %profit on the whole.
- C.P. of 30 toffees is equal to the S.P. of 25 toffees. Find the %loss or %profit.
- The cost price of two identical articles is Rs. 1500. One article is sold at a loss of 6%. At what %profit should the other articles be sold such that there is a profit of 4% on the whole ?
- A man sells an article at 7% above its cost. If he had bought it at 7%less than what he paid for it and sold it at Rs.69 more, he would have gained 20%. Find the cost price of the article.
- A single discount equivalent to three successive discounts of 10%,20% and 30%.
- A man sold his washing machine at a loss of 5%. If he had sold it at Rs.320 more ,he would have made a profit of 3%. Find the C.P. of washing machine.
- Ramesh buys some identical books for Rs.60000. He sold 2/3 of all books at a loss of 7%. At what %profit should he sold the remaining books so that he would make 9% on the whole transaction ?
- Three articles are sold for Rs.1500,Rs.2400 and Rs. 1200 respectively. The first article is sold at 20% profit and the second at 20% loss. If on the whole a loss of 2% is made. Find the cost price of the 3rd article.
- A man bought 50 pens for Rs.500. He wanted to sell them at a profit so that he got 5 pens free. At what profit percent should he sell them ?
- A shopkeeper sells a refrigerator on a discount of 12% of print price and gains 10%. If print price was Rs. 12000 then, what was the cost price ?
- A retailer buys a T.V. for Rs. 15000. His overhead charges are Rs. 1000. He sell the T.V. for 18400. The profit percent of the retailer is?
- The reduction of Rs. 210 in the selling price of an article will change 5% profit to 2% loss. The cost price of the article is
- A man buys 2 scooters of Rs. 20000 and 25000 respectively. He sell one scooter at a loss of 10%. At what %profit should he sell the other scooter such that there is neither profit nor loss on the whole transaction ?
- A shopkeeper offers a discount of 12% on marked price and sells the article of Rs. 4400. What is the marked price of the article ?
- Calculate the single discounts equivalent to two successive discounts of 40% and 20%.
- A man buys 100 pens for Rs. 5 each. But 5 pens are found to be damaged. At what price per pen should he sell the remaining pen so that he can make a profit of 6.4%?
- A man buys 15 toffees for Rs. 14 and sells 14 toffees for Rs.15. Find his %profit or %loss.
- A shopkeeper buys sugar for Rs.2400. He had to sell three-fourth at 10%profit. At what percent gain he should sell the remaining sugar so as to make an overall profit of 8% ?
- A man sells an article at a profit of 20%.if he had bought it at 5% more and sold it for Rs. 30 less, his profit would have been zero. Find the cost price of the article.
- A retailer marks his goods 20% more than the cost price . if he allows a discount of 10%, then his gain percent is .
- A trader fixed the marked price of an article 20% above its cost and allows a discount of 10% and makes a profit of Rs. 80. The cost of the article is
- The marked price of an article is 20 more than the cost price. After a discount of 10% we got a profit of 12.5%. Find the cost price of the article.
- A man bought 85 kg mangoes for Rs. 30 per kg, but 8 kg mangoes are found to be rotten.at what price per kg should he sell the remaining mangoes to make a profit of 11%
- A man bought 24 eggs of Rs. 5 each. 8 eggs were broken and he sold the remaining eggs at 3313 % profit. Find the loss (in Rs.) due to the broken eggs if all the eggs were sold at the same rate
- A sells an article to B at a loss of 10%,B sells it to C at a profit of 10%, and C sells it to D at a loss of 20%. If D had to pay Rs. 316.8 for it, how much did A pay for it ?
- Mohan buys an article for Rs. 400 and sells it at 15% profit. Find the selling price of the article.
- A man buys 16 toffees for Rs. 15 and sells 4 toffees in Rs. 5. Find his percentage profit.
- A retailer fixed the marked price of his good as Rs. 1000 and allowed two successive discounts 20% and 10%. After selling his good he made a profit of 20%. Find the cost price of his good.
- A shopkeeper increases the price of television sets by 20%. Due to this increase in price the number of television sets sold decreased by 10%. What was the effect on the sales of television sets ?
(a) 6% increase in sales
(b) 6% decrease in sales
(c) 8% increase in sales
(d) 8% decrease in sales
- A man sells two articles, each for the same price Rs. 2500. He incurs a loss of 50% on the first and a profit of 25% on the second. Find his overall percent gain or loss.
- The cost price of 250 pens is equal to the S.P. of 125 pens. Find the percentage profit
- A man sells an article at a loss of 5%. If he had bought it at Rs. 20 more and sold it for Rs. 115 less, he would have increased a loss of 40%. Find the cost price of the article.
- A wholesaler gives 50 books to a retailer for the payment of 45 books at the printed price. The retailer sells the books at the printed price. What percent profit does the retailer make ?
Plutus Academy, best coaching institute with very experienced faculty, has provided this mock test on Profit & Loss.