IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 exam had already been conducted on 2nd and 3rd December 2017 in four different shifts each day. It will also be conducted on 9th and 10th December 2017 as well. Shift 4 for 3rd December 2017 is over now and we bring to you detailed analysis of the paper. The paper was of easy to moderate level.Like the previous slots,it was observed that reasoning and quant sections were comparatively easier than the English sections .
Let us review the questions that were asked, marks distribution, good attempts and weightage given to each chapter of every section in shift 3 of 3rd December.
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017 Exam pattern
|Section||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration||Good attempts|
The IBPS Clerk preliminary exam is conducted online and has 100 questions for a total time of 60 minutes. Candidates have to deal with three sections
1. Reasoning Ability (35 Qs)
2. Quantitative Aptitude (35 Qs)
3. English Language (30 Qs)
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- English Language(Moderate)
1. Reading Comprehension – 5 Qs (Moderate)
It was based on a story. There was no question related to the vocabulary from the passage.
2. Error Detection– 10 Qs(Moderate)
Error detection was similar to the one that was asked in previous slots.
3. Single Filler – 5 Qs(Moderate)
Single filler question asked was in the new pattern as similar to the ones in the earlier shifts.
4. Phrase Replacement – 10 Qs(Moderate)
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- Reasoning Ability (Easy-Moderate)
1. Puzzles and Seating Arrangement -15 Qs (Moderate)
- Linear seating arrangement
- Floor based puzzle
- Circular puzzle
2. Syllogism – 4 Qs (Easy)
3. Inequalities– 3 Qs (Easy)
4. Alphanumeric series – 5 Qs (Easy)
5. Alphabet series – 5 Qs (Easy)
6. Blood Relation– 3 Qs(Easy)
7. Order and Ranking – 3 Qs(Easy)
8.Miscellaneous – 3-4 Qs(Easy)
IBPS Clerk Prelims 2017- Quantitative Aptitude
1. Data Interpretation– 5 Qs (Easy- Moderate)
2. Simplification – 15 Qs (Easy)
3. Number Series (Missing)- 5 Qs (Easy- Moderate)
4. Miscellaneous- 10 Qs(Easy- Moderate)
Arithmetic (Word problems) questions were asked from average, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Discount, Problem on Ages,Ratio and Proportion,Time and Work,Boat and Stream, etc